Every Sunday, I give myself a little break with “strict-er” keto and let loose a little meaning I don’t fast, and allow myself to indulge in keto goodies like this! My hubs was talking about Somi Somi ( fish waffle ice cream ) the other day and I couldn’t stop thinking about it, so I tried to replicate it keto style with Choczero’s hazelnut spread and CraftBelly Delights’s keto vanilla ice cream and it didn’t disappoint! This waffle doesn’t have the chewiness like with a taiyaki “waffle”, but it was still really good! I used wholesomeyum’s waffle recipe and made it in my Bydash waffle maker! Check below to see her recipe!
Keto Waffle with Vanilla Ice Cream
Time: 20 minutes
This makes 4 in the Bydash waffle maker.
2.5g Net Carbs per waffle
- 1 large Egg ( separated )
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp sweetener ( I used swerve powdered erythitol )
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp almond butter ( I used Leftcoastperformance w/ MCT oil )
- 2 tbsp butter ( I used Kerrygoldusa Grassfed butter )
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Beat the whites until it forms a stiff peak and set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix together almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, microwave your butter and almond butter and mix.
- Add that butter mixture to your dry ingredients and mix.
- Add in the egg yolk, almond milk, and vanilla extract and mix.
- Fold in your egg whites.
- Once it’s all mixed together, make your waffles.
Assembly of “Somi Somi” ice cream waffles:
- Spread Choczero hazelnut spread on both waffles. ( 5g Net Carbs total )
- Scoop 2 scoops of Craftbelly Delights Vanilia Vanilla ice cream in between your waffles ( 3g Net Carbs total )
- Sprinkle matcha powder on it or SF sprinkles or just enjoy it as is.
I bit into a strawberry with every bite and oh mannnnnn, definitely hit the spot 😋💣🔥
Alternatively, if you don’t want to get your hands messy, you can just use one waffle, top with hazelnut spread and then top that off with ice cream hehe..I did that for my hubs and 4 year old son..It just won’t look as pretty 😜
Recipes Disclaimer: Please review our Terms of Service regarding our recipes disclaimers.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends & family 👍